Tuesday, July 19, 2011

A Children's Gardening Gift

Brooke and her little friend, Molly aren't real big into vegetables.  For Molly's birthday, we decided to give her a little basket of 'vegetables.'  She loves to play waitress or chef in the kitchen, so the hope is that maybe these pretend vegetables will appeal to her!  I added some gardening tools and seeds to encourage her to grow her own vegetables!  With little ones, you never know what will work!

I am sharing gift ideas to encourage all of you to prepare your Christmas list early!  Lots of fun things are on sale as the summer season ends!  If you have any great gift ideas, please share them! 

Book and felt vegetables: IKEA
Basket, garden tools, gloves, & seeds: Michael's
Red & white gingham ribbon: Hobby Lobby


Thanks for stopping by!

Pin It Now!

17 comments :

Karen said...

Too cute! Love all your ideas.

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

Christie, What an adorable gift for a little one.
I think you are really on to something. Giving them veggies in a fun way may promote them to try them too.
Darling gift!
xo Yvonne

Alexis said...

So cute! Great idea

Susan Freeman said...

That's adorable and the girls may just change their minds about veggies!

Hugs,
Susan and Bentley

A Whole Lotta Magic said...

I love this idea; you may be 'growing' a future gardener!

Sue
xo

Creative Raisins said...

This is such a cute idea, I love it.

Unknown said...

Cute idea, I did a washing kit for my little girl last Christmas, and a cooking kit, a craft kit and a carpenters kit for my 3 youngest boys.

Maria Babin said...

That is darling! One thing that really helps is to allow children to help in the growing or cooking process. A pizza that a child decorates with his own veggies will magically be eaten! Or tomatoes he grew with his own hands! Bon appétit!

It's me said...

Love.....xxx...

Natasha said...

that reminds me of weekends with my parents.. the good memories anyway :)

At The Picket Fence said...

Absolutely darling! My youngest loves to "cook" with her "fruits and vegetables" in her little red kitchen and we do grow some real ones in the garden...now if I could only get her to eat them that would be awesome! :-)
Vanessa

Anita at Cedar Hill said...

Another adorable gift idea. I love the way you use gift baskets for everything. It makes it that much more special.

Anonymous said...

What an adorable idea..
Janet

Gail said...

What a cute idea! I can't wait 'til we're at that point with our son when we're trying to find creative gifts. Right now at (8 mo) he doesn't know the difference!

Another idea for play food is to do the baked clay food shapes. You just make the dough (sort of like play-dough), shape them into what food you like, bake them, then after they harden you paint them. Fun!

Hugs,
Gail

Crystal @ Ordinary Days said...

The gift is just too cute and the meaning behind it makes it even better. Have I told you lately how much I LOVE your ideas? :)

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the fun gift ideas you posted. AdOrAbLe!!! I enjoy your blog and all your wonderful photos and inspirational ideas ♥ Smiles, Kelsey

Garden seeds said...

Thanks for the post mate you have written it very well.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...